Let’s face it– having zits is everyone’s worst nightmare. Whether you’re in the midst of your teenage years or not, acne is never a welcomed thing.
According to the Acne Resource Center, acne is one of the most common skin diseases in the U.S. among all ages, races and genders.
It is caused by a surplus production of oil in your sebaceous glands that can leave behind scars and psychological problems such as low self-esteem and depression.
FIX THIS AND TRY SOMETHING NEW.
You have to be tired of spending money on expensive products that aren’t guaranteed to clear up your skin. I recommended putting the problem in your own hands and whipping up something yourself!
What could be more natural to your skin than making your own acne cream at home?
Homemade treatments can be less harsh on your skin and can quickly adapt to your individual skin type.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED.
If you don’t already have these essential ingredients in your kitchen, make a quick trip to the store.
- ½ cup of baking soda
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cucumber
- 2 apple slices
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 mixing bowls
- First, add the baking soda and water together and stir it around in the mixing bowl. If the mixture has too much liquid, add 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda. If the mixture is too thick, add 1-2 teaspoons of water.
- Combine the grated cucumber into the mix.
- In a different bowl, crush the apple pieces until they feel mushy. Then blend the apple mixture into the baking soda, water and cucumber mix. Make sure to stir these together well!
- Insert a tablespoon of honey into the same bowl. Once you have completely mixed the ingredients together, place the bowl in the refrigerator to sit for an hour.
- Take your concoction out of the refrigerator and slowly rub it on your face with your hands. Let it sit for up to five minutes and then wash it off with warm water and a washcloth.
- Repeat the next day.
These are easy (and cheap) steps in the right direction to finding the cure for your acne. This recipe opens up your pores with the baking soda and water mix, cleanses your skin with the cucumbers and heals the zits with the apples and honey.
There are tons of homemade recipes out there however, this one, in my opinion, is the most simple and effective.
If you’re interested in other methods, here’s a tutorial video to help you make your own facial cream.
Take this advice and dare to be domesticated. Make acne facial treatments in your very own kitchen!